Game of Thrones Star Maisie Williams on gen:LOCK and Her Favorite Anime



Share.

From Game of Thrones to animated mechs…

Digital streaming network Rooster Teeth’s ambitious new animated sci-fi series titled gen:LOCK, features an impressive roster of voice actors like Michael B. Jordan (Black Panther), Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones), and David Tennant (Doctor Who). Set 50 years in the future, the series centers on a courageous team capable of controlling powerful mecha in a fight against an oppressive authoritarian force.

Williams portrays Cammie MacCloud, a new recruit who attempts gen:LOCK, which allows her mind to be uploaded into one of the giant mech suits. The Game of Thrones actress spoke with IGN about what initially attracted her to the project. „I thought Cammie was so interesting,” Williams explained, adding „and I thought that I could have a lot of fun playing her. I felt like I could bring her to life, and do her justice. So I was flattered that they wanted me to be a part of it.”

In order to show Williams who she would be playing, the producers created an animated version of Cammie using Maisie’s vocals from a previous interview. Seeing the short clip of her character speaking got her „even more excited to be a part of it,” she said. „Also, I’d never been blonde, so it was very interesting seeing me as a blonde girl.”

Apart from the animated film Early Man, Williams hasn’t spent much time in the recording booth. She praised gen:LOCK director Gray Haddock (DC Universe Online) for his guidance throughout the project. „At the end of the day, you are alone in a booth, and it’s very hard to imagine a world that doesn’t exist. You need someone who’s really gonna bring you through that, and he (Haddock) was really helpful.”

Williams goes on to address the challenges of voice acting compared to her live-action work on shows like Game of Thrones. „When you strip away all your other tools as an actor and you can only use your voice,” Williams said, adding, „for me, that was a really big challenge. Trying to emote everything through your voice is… I guess for some actors very easy, but for me, I do rely heavily on my facial expressions and my body language.”

Now that Williams is a part of an action-packed animated series like gen:LOCK, we wanted to know if she enjoyed watching any other programs within the genre. The English-born actress told us that she has a friend who is „really into anime,” and introduced her to some shows she’d never heard of before. „We used to watch this anime called One Punch Man,” Williams said, adding, „I love One Punch Man.”

For many of us, Williams will always be Arya Stark from Game of Thrones, which she finished filming „six months ago.” And with the final season of the iconic series just weeks away, we asked the young actress what she was excited to do next.

„You know, maybe I could create an animation, that would be really great fun,” Williams explained. „I’ve had a very pleasant time with the industry thus far, and it gives me a lot of drive and hope for what I can achieve in my future. And although I definitely have been taking a bit of a break, I’m very confident that, in the future, I will do far more creative things [and] maybe even get to direct things myself.

Exclusively on Rooster Teeth, gen:LOCK is available to stream on iOS, Android, Xbox One, Apple TV, and at RoosterTeeth.com with memberships starting at $4.99 a month. Episode 1 is free to watch, while episode 2 and subsequent episodes will be exclusive for paying members. You can also catch Williams in the Season 8 of Game of Thrones, which premieres on HBO on Sunday, April 14.

David Griffin still watches DuckTales in his pajamas with a cereal bowl in hand. He’s also the TV Editor for IGN. Say hi on Twitter.





Source link

Artykuł Game of Thrones Star Maisie Williams on gen:LOCK and Her Favorite Anime pochodzi z serwisu NewSSlap.



source https://newsslap.com/games/mobile-games-news/ios-iphone/game-of-thrones-star-maisie-williams-on-genlock-and-her-favorite-anime/

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Auschwitz survivors return after 75 years for memorial ceremony | World news

UK woman believed to be oldest female World War II veteran dead at 108

| Travel + Leisure